* Belfast City Tramways
This is Tram No. 249 which began as a horsedrawn tram in Belfast in the 1890s. The tram was substantially rebuilt and converted into an electric tram in 1905. It was designed to seat 48 passengers but at rush hour on the shipyard run, it would hold many more. In 1908, the tram network was extended to include a new route along the Queen’s Road. As soon as it opened, large numbers of shipyard workers used the service particularly during the morning and evening peak periods.